Friday, December 2, 2011

Giving Thanks

Before you even ask, yes I am aware that it is now December and a post about Thanksgiving is about a week or so late.  But when it comes to gratitude, late is always better than never, right?  We enjoyed a quiet Thanksgiving day and delicious dinner with my mom, siblings, grandmother, and cousins.  Even though I didn't do a daily gratitude post on Facebook for the entire month of November or anything like that, I have had my blessings on my mind lately.  Especially those that I tend to take for granted.  For example, I am thankful for.....
  • Not getting that night job I applied for in October.  At the time, I had no idea that my school schedule would be ramping up next year and I can't imagine trying to juggle a job along with everything else I'm going to have up in the air come January.
  • The roof over my head.  If you know me, you know that I can be quick to complain about our little old house and the many problems it possesses.  But at the end of the day, I'm so very grateful to have a place to call home. 
  • A wonderful husband who works so hard at jobs he doesn't even like without complaint in order to put that roof over our heads and who is supportive of my ambitions and crazy notions. 
  • My three amazing children.  I really don't know how I got this lucky.  All of my kids are healthy, bright, helpful, and so loving and concerned about everyone and everything around them.  
  • The Internet.  Without it, I wouldn't be able to finish school for a very long time.  
  • My body.  As a woman, I tend to focus on the negative when it comes to this wonderful creation we call a physical body.  But I am grateful for all the wonderful things it does everyday and that I am blessed with good health.  
  • Faith.  I'm grateful for my testimony of my Savior and for the hope and joy that is found through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.   
  • All the wonderful people in my life who care about me and my family and who are always looking out for us in one way or another.  
  • My Webelos Scouts.  I've been a Webelos leader for 1 1/2 years now and I really enjoy it.  The excitement that 10 year old boys naturally have for life is contagious and I love seeing them set and accomplish goals and gain confidence.  
  • Music.  I don't get to play piano and sing as often as I'd like, but it is still my favorite form of therapy.  
This list could go on and on and on and on and on.  If you haven't done it yet or lately, I encourage you to just sit and think for a few minutes about the beautiful things in your life that you're grateful for right now.  It's a great way to gain perspective and lift your mood.  =)  


No comments: