Monday, January 2, 2012

Remembering 2011

It's that time again when we look back over the past year and try to remember the good and the bad, the growth and the challenges, and then decide how to make the next year even better. 
2011 was a good year for the Barnum family.  Some of the highlights included:
  • Nate working his first full year for Verizon.  We're so grateful for a job that's keeping him indoors.  It has translated into fewer episodes of illness.  I think in 2011 we only had one bout with bronchitis and no pneumonia!  
  • Jonah starting 2nd grade and Lilly starting Kindergarten.  They both love to learn and do so well in school.  They sure know how to make their Mama proud.  
  • Ashley (me) taking up running and running in the Las Vegas Ragnar Relay.  Something I never in a million years thought I would do, but I really loved it.  I'm not doing so well keeping up with it so far this winter, but we're working on remedying that. 
  • Jayne turned 3 and became fully potty trained.  Bye-bye diapers!
  • Our Oregon vacation in August.  It was such a fun-filled, memory making adventure.  We can't wait to plan another one!
  • Nate turned the big 3-0!  He says he feels like an old man.  
  • We visited Zion's National Park.  It was the first time ever for me and the kids and it was breathtaking.  We didn't get to see as much as we would have liked, so we'll just have to go back.  
  • We also did a family camping trip with my mom, sister, and brother at Payson Lakes.  It was beautiful and we had a great time.
  • Lilly and Jonah took swimming lessons
  • We visited Hogle Zoo and Tracy Aviary
I think that's about it for now.  I'm sure many more magical and eventful things happened in 2011, but my poor brain just isn't what it used to be.
So now we look forward to 2012.  It's going to be a fabulous year!  I can feel it in my bones.  I'll be graduating with my bachelor's degree in August.  It will feel so good to finally get that done!  Jonah will be turning 8 and getting baptized.  We're working on another family vacation or two.  And who knows what else?!  We'll take whatever life chooses to dish out!  Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Megan D. said...

Congrats on the new addition ;) Henry is a really good name for that dog! I'm the same as you about pets, but I could see having a little non-barker. Also, how did you not ever go to Zion's? I can't believe that! Did we never do that our first year? I know I went later, but I think that's crazy! Hope you liked it :)