Friday, March 23, 2012

Nate had a birthday!

And I am ridiculously slow in documenting it here on the family blog!  On March 14th my wonderful husband turned the ripe old age of 31.  I don't think it's old, but if you ask him, he's geriatric. 
 Nate doesn't like parties, or crowds, or any sort of big celebration on his birthday.  So as our gift to him, we don't really do any of that.  But we couldn't just let the day go by unnoticed!  If you know anything about Nate, you probably know exactly what he was doing all day on his birthday: working.  
The kids and I decided to meet him at work when he got off (which was around 9:00pm) with balloons and presents.  Then we went to Cold Stone Creamery for some celebratory ice cream goodness!  Nate's sister, Amanda also joined us and it was really fun to have some time to visit with her. 
I'm so grateful that Nate found his way into my life and that we've created our wonderful family together.  He doesn't think his birthday is a big deal, but to me it is an event that forever changed the course of my life for the better.  I love you Nate! 

1 comment:

Grandma Lolly said...

I can't imagine our family with you, Nate! I love you too!