Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pregnancy Update

I had my first visit with the new OB today.  I chose one that was recommended by my doctor up in Salt Lake.  He seems very easy going and down to earth, which I like.  Today we are 32 weeks 5 days along.  Baby's heartbeat is nice and strong.  My blood pressure was a little higher than it has been.  I'm hoping that was just a fluke.  I had pregnancy induced hypertension with Lilly which resulted in being induced a couple of weeks early, but no problems with Jayne. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

 Dr. also said that baby is measuring a bit larger than normal.  This means we get to have another ultrasound in a couple of weeks to try to estimate his size.  I'm not going to lie.  I'm a bit excited to get to see the baby again.  I haven't had to have an ultrasound other than the 20 week one. I'm not surprised that he's measuring big.  I feel big.  But then, what pregnant woman doesn't, right? 

After the ultrasound, I start seeing the doctor once a week.  I can't believe we're getting that close!  I guess I'd better get on the ball and get things ready around here.  We have yet to purchase anything other than a few clothes and one pack of diapers. Since we got rid of everything baby related after Jayne, we have a lot to do.  I've been such a procrastinator, but I really don't want to be caught without a car seat or a crib when the little guy decides to make his appearance!  Time to start shopping I guess. 

Now that I'm nice and big, people love to look at me with a sympathetic face and ask "How are you feeling?"  I figure they don't really want the laundry list of grievances that accompany this later stage of pregnancy so I just shrug my shoulders and say, " I feel pregnant." 
How do you feel today?  =)

1 comment:

Cary said...

Wow, that little boy will be here before you know it! Hang in there. I'm feeling much the same about being pregnant. I have to say, it's not my favorite. I'm just not one of those women I guess. =)