Monday, October 4, 2010

On My Own

Nate has been in Denver for his training for an entire week now. It feels like an eternity! He calls home at least once a day. The kids love talking to him on the phone, especially Jayne. Whenever I'm on the phone now, she'll look up at me and say, "Daddy?" and if I say yes, then she starts pulling on me and yelling, "I talk, I talk, I talk!" She's a real chatterbox with him.
The kids are really starting to miss him a lot. Of course, they missed him right from the get-go, but now they're starting to ask more often when he's going to be home.

I'm trying to keep myself productive to help the time pass quicker, but I don't think it's working.
I've cleaned out the basement bedroom so the landlord can rip out the carpet and the baseboards and clean up the mold. Yeah, that's a whole other post just waiting for me to write it.
I've gotten ahead on my school work by an entire week.
I've been walking with Jayne almost every morning.
I cleaned the entire house. Not that it stayed clean very long. Three kids have a tendency to create clutter.
We put out the Halloween decorations, meager as they may be.
Went to Relief Society volleyball and I'll go again this week. It's a lot of fun. Thank goodness for Ciera, who lives two houses down and comes to stay with my kids so I can go play at 9:00 at night.
Went to cub scouts last week and am working on planning out this month's activities including one for this Wednesday. Yep, some major procrastinating went into that one.
Rented a couple movies and discovered that they're not as fun to watch by yourself.
Took the kids to the library.

I never realized how much I depend on Nate. He saves my sanity on a daily basis by making me laugh and giving me a precious bit of time to myself. He has a way with the kids that makes them happy and fun to be around. Not to mention, he makes a perfect bed buddy. Pillows just aren't the same.

I definitely wasn't made for this. I could never be a military wife. I don't know how you wonderful, strong, amazing women do this for such extended periods of time. You are my heroes!

He gets to come home this weekend, then he'll fly back to Denver for another week of training. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to this Friday at 10:05pm. Not so much looking forward to this Sunday at 5:07pm and I am really, really, really, REALLY looking forward to Friday the 15th at 10:05pm.
I'm such a wimp.
The End.

3 comments:

Jill Skouson said...

George went on a business trip a couple weeks ago and I counted down the hours from the very minute he left. I feel for ya!

Unknown said...

If you ever get lonely we are just down the street :) I hope the hours without your hubby fly by quickly!

Cary and James said...

Ash, I feel your pain. James has been traveling for work for the last five weeks! This is his last week but then I have a few weeks of travel. I feel like we never see each other these days! Hang in there!!