Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lilly's new haircut and Jonah's latest creative project

We finally gave in.  We've been growing Lilly's hair out for quite a while now.  I really wanted it long enough to put in ponytails and cute braids for the summer, but Lilly disagreed.  She hates ponytails and whines and fusses anytime you try to put one in her hair and on the off chance that you're successful in this daring endeavor, you can't expect the results to last long.  She'll pull those elastics out as soon as you turn your back.  That means her hair is always down and usually a bit scraggly looking.  
She's been asking to get it cut short for a long time and I finally agreed.  We both love the results!  All we have to do in the morning is comb down the back and put in a clip to hold her bangs out of her face.  Luckily, she loves clips.  Here are a couple of before and after shots. 
Lilly's hair about a week before we got it cut.  Yeah, she's excited about that big bag of chocolate in her hands.  =)

The new haircut

A nice little side view.  On a side note, that tag is driving me crazy.  I really wish I could just reach into the picture and tuck it in. 
 Jonah's been keeping busy lately.  He loves to create things.  He's always telling me he wants to do a "craft project".  That usually means I'll be out of tape and paper in about 5 minutes and I'll be finding scraps of things all over my house for days.  His latest endeavor is a dragon made out of cardboard boxes.  He made the whole thing himself one afternoon and now the dragon is standing guard by his bed as he works on his next big project, turning his room into a library.  Yes, we will have the Jonah Barnum library in our house in just 4 days.  That's his projection for when it will be finished.  He says there will be contests and prizes at the grand opening and lots and lots of books to check out.  He's even writing one for it himself.  I love my creative little guy! 
 And of course Jayne's been busy too.  Busy keeping Mom busy.  She doesn't want to wear anything but dresses and swimsuits lately no matter how chilly it is that day.  She's been singing me lots of songs and wanting to read lots of books.  Today, she even threw me a "Queen Birthday Party!" where we had cake, presents, and I was ordered to fall asleep on the couch while she read me a Scooby-Doo book

1 comment:

Grandma Lolly said...

You have a most wonderful children! Thanks for sharing their recent activities. I can't wait to see the library! Give them love from Grandma Lolly.