Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tracy Aviary

While Nate's parents and sister were in town back in July, we decided to visit the Tracy Aviary in Salt Lake City.  I've lived in Utah all my life and had never been to the aviary before but I'd heard it was pretty neat.  We went on a weekday and were happy to find that it wasn't crowded at all.  The kids really loved seeing all the exotic species of birds there and I must admit, I thought it was pretty cool too.  We even took in the "Eat or be Eaten" bird show.  They talked about the difference between birds of prey and birds that usually are prey to other animals.  They brought out all kinds of birds and even got Grandma Barnum to volunteer to have one of the birds hop on her arm like a branch! 
Lilly was very good at consulting her map.


My crazy birds!

Golden Eagle

Jonah and Daddy hamming it up!

Yes, I really was there!

Daddy & Jayne coming down from the tree house in Owl Village
The kids really liked Owl Village.  It was full of fun facts about owls as well as plenty of things to climb on and explore.  
 If you've never been to the Aviary, I highly recommend it.  Our family loved it and will definitely be going back.



No comments: