Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to School!

School is now officially in full swing at the Barnum house.  Jonah started 2nd grade last Monday, Lilly started kindergarten today, and I started fall semester today as well. 

This year the kids are going to a brand new elementary school.  It is so new in fact, that it technically isn't even finished yet.  On the first day of school there was still no library, no playground equipment, no gym, no working kitchen, and even no electricity in a couple of the classrooms.  Can you say "behind schedule"?!  But the kids haven't seemed to care.  They play hopscotch and basketball and tag at recess and Jonah didn't really mind at all the his entire first week of lunches were bag lunches like what they have on field trips and such. 
Lilly did great with her first day of kindergarten today.  She had absolutely no problem going to class.  Jayne was a bit put out that she didn't get to go to school.  She didn't seem to really miss Lilly though until about 15 minutes before we picked her up.  Then she had a massive breakdown!  I think it was 1 part tired, 1 part hungry, and 2 parts "I miss my big sister!" 
I started fall semester today.  I'm taking two classes, family finance and research writing in a persuasive mode.  I logged into my classes today to find that they've changed the entire online classes system.  I'm not too happy about that.  I was a pro at the old one.  So I'm still kind of figuring everything out.  I'm excited about the classes though.  I think they'll both be really interesting and a bit challenging.  I'm glad I took my own advice and only registered for two classes instead of three.  These two are promising to be quite time consuming. 
We're celebrating everyone being back in school with pizza tonight.  That's my excuse anyway. =) 

1 comment:

Shiree said...

Fun, fun, fun! I loved the family finance class. It was great. Hope you do, too.