Monday, December 31, 2012

Making the cut!

Jayne was born with beautiful, naturally curly hair.  As it's gotten longer, the curls are just at the bottom and it has gotten more and more difficult to comb out.  Since our little wild woman doesn't like to have her hair braided and barely lets us put it in a ponytail, the tangles can be quite a challenge.  I've put off cutting her hair because I really didn't want to see the curls go.  She gets so many compliments on how beautiful her long, curly hair is. 

However...fighting with her every day to try to brush it out was getting exhausting for both of us.  So, the other night after her bath we were sitting down to start tackling the tangles. Jayne started crying and I looked at the mess of hair before me and finally decided that enough was enough.  I asked Jayne if we should just cut all the tangles off.  To my surprise, she said yes! 

We put her hair in a low ponytail and I chopped it off.  I did my best to make it even.



The next day, we went to Great Clips and had them clean it up and add some layers.  Jayne loves it!  No more ratty tangles!

No comments: