Thursday, January 14, 2010

My AMAZING Body! (and YOURS too!)

In case you were wondering----No, I haven't lost any weight since before Christmas. I came to the conclusion that Christmas just isn't Christmas without dessert.
So I relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed my holiday without worrying about the scale. I must say, it was an absolutely delicious one!

It seems that we're always focused on the negative things about ourselves, especially when it comes to our physical appearance. I know I'm always seeing what is wrong and never what is wonderful about my own body. So I've compiled a list of things I like about my body and why it is so amazing just the way it is.

1. I love my hair and I'm always getting compliments on it, whether it's the color or the style. I personally love it in the summer, when it's blond and the sun really shines off of it.

2. I love that I don't get sick very often. I have a great immune system!

3. I love that my body has given me 3 beautiful and healthy children with no major complications during pregnancies.

4. I love my arms for carrying sleeping children to their beds, comforting crying babies, and holding tight to my husband.

5. I love my legs for being able to make the gazillion trips up and down the stairs in my house everyday. I love how strong they feel when I exercise.

6. I love the shape of my calves! Nate does too.=)

7. I love my fingers for moving lithely over piano keys and for typing the many, many, many school assignments over the years.

8. I love my blue eyes. One of the first things Nate ever complimented me on was my blue eyes.

9. I love my heart for pumping strong and keeping me going. I love feeling my heartbeat get faster when I run or play with the kids.

10. I even love my tushie for the extra padding it gives me.

11. I love the curve of my hips.

12. I love my body just the way it is!!!

I hope you'll all take a minute to think of a few things you love about your body. Our bodies are amazing gifts from God. They are capable of astounding things! Who cares if I'm hanging on to a few extra pounds? My body is beautiful and so is yours!



2 comments:

Deborah said...

all very true! thanks for the reminder!

Jaimie said...

What a great post! This one really made me think. Thank you for a positive thing to read to start out my day (on a day that I definitely needed it). :) I think I need to be more grateful about what my body is and can do and not think about the few things I may not like.