Monday, April 19, 2010

Gone Color Crazy!

Last August, Nate decided that he was sick of our white walls. We currently rent our home, so I told him it probably wasn't a great idea to go painting it all colorful without the permission of our landlord, but he didn't exactly listen to me.
So, he went to Lowe's and bought a whole bunch of colorful paint. He didn't get around to actually painting anything for a while.
The first thing he did was paint our kitchen marasca cherry red, which I love.

Then he painted some of the trim in the living room a bright candy apple green color, which I came to love. Then on Saturday, he got off work a little early and before I knew it I had a yellow hallway... ...and a purple bathroom.
He left some of the trim white as an accent.
I must say, I love the purple bathroom! I'm getting used to the yellow in the hallway. It's definitely bright and cheery.

The landlord will be coming over in the next month or so to do the yearly servicing of the swamp cooler, so we'll see what his reaction will be. I'm hoping that because we've been here for three years and we're never late on rent and we take pretty good care of the place, he'll be accepting of Nate's little redecorating project.
Who knows what will come next. He's still got a can of pink paint and a can of blue. I think Nate's goal is to have every room in our house painted a different color.
Overall, I like the changes. It's fun. Jonah says it's like we're living on a rainbow.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

It looks cute! I want to paint our walls, but I'm not brave enough yet :) I can see it in other people's houses and LOVE it but when I think about doing it at my own house I chicken out. Maybe some day :)

jkaaberg said...

"It is easier to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission!"

THE CASPERSON'S said...

It reminds me of a commercial where they say "be brave not beige." I Love it. That is so nice Nate will paint for you.

Cary and James said...

I love all the color! Awesome job!!