Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to Lilly!

Today is Lilly's 4th birthday. My how time flies! It seems like just yesterday we were in the hospital bringing her into this world.
Lilly was born on a sunny day, unlike today. I was about ten days from my due date. I'd had a doctor appointment the day before and my blood pressure had been really high. They'd asked me to come back the following day to check it again. When I did, it was even higher. I remember the nurse smiled at me and said "That's your ticket out!" We scheduled an induction for the next day.
She was such an easy labor and delivery; the complete opposite of how it had been with Jonah. I got my epidural before I was in any real pain and I just relaxed and watched a movie. The entire labor was only 6 hours.
Now she's four years old and full of spunk. She loves to sing! She is always singing something, whether it be church songs or sesame street or the theme song from Scooby Doo. Lilly also likes to dance, she loves preschool, and she loves being read to.
We're having a celebration with family on Sunday. Today we made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and had lunch at Chick-fil-A at Lilly's request. Later tonight after Nate gets home we'll open presents.
I'll finish off this post with a few of my favorite pictures of my darling Lilly girl.

2 weeks old


showing off her princess boots


Happy Birthday My Beautiful Daughter!

1 comment:

Amanda and Ryan said...

She is very beautiful! I hope she had a great day and I can almost taste those chocolate cupcakes!