Friday, August 20, 2010

Jonah's 1st Week of 1st Grade

Jonah started 1st grade this week. I think I was more nervous for him than he was. Jonah has a history of not liking new things and I was worried about him adjusting to the longer school day and a new teacher, but all he cared about was more recesses and getting to eat school lunch. He was very excited about that.
Anyway, he's doing great! He loves his teacher and he seems to be getting along well with the kids in his class. The longer day definitely takes its toll. He's tired after school and has been falling asleep a bit earlier at night.
I ask him every day what his favorite thing he did at school was and so far I've gotten the same answer every day..."the three recesses!" That's my boy.
Jonah got a new Lego Star Wars backpack this year.

This is what I get when I ask him to smile for the camera.

Yesterday we had quite the downpour of a thunderstorm and you know what that means, right? Mud! The kids asked to play outside and the next thing I knew, they were covered. I didn't get any pictures of Jonah, but I did catch a few of my muddy girls.

Playing in their little mud pit. After I took this, Jayne actually went and sat down right in the middle of the wettest part of the mud and just started having a good ol' time.

Jayne wouldn't look at the camera, but this picture shows how covered in mud she was. Her backside was even worse!

Lilly showing off her muddy hands
I love my kiddos! They remind me that happiness can be found in the simplest of things.......like mud.

No comments: