Saturday, September 4, 2010

Foundation

I am currently on the hunt for a new foundation. No, I'm not talking about a building, or a spiritual/emotional/psychological foundation or anything like that. I'm talking makeup!
I've been us
ing Mary Kay foundation for the last five years or so, but I'd like to find something new. I've liked my MK foundation, but it's not always easy to get my hands on. I'd love to find one that I can just run out to a store and buy because, let's face it, I'm not that great and planning ahead. My current tube of foundation is on its last drops. It may last me another day, maybe two.
So I was wondering if any of you out there in blog-land have a good suggestion. I have light ivory, dry skin. My usual problem with foundations has been that they dry out my skin even more, or they look cake-y or they're too orange or too pink and just don't look natural.
Anyhoo....if you have a foundation that you use and love, please let me in on the secret!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love MK's tinted moisturizers, they're just enough coverage but still feel like you're just putting on lotion-- but it's still MK! (I also get all my MK makeup on e-bay).
I also have Clinique "almost makeup" foundation. It runs about 15$ and lasts for atleast 5 or 6 months, maybe longer. It has more coverage, looks totally natural, but is more of a foundation than a tinted moisturizer.

Jill Skouson said...

I use Almay foundation. I have for YEARS and I've always been really happy with it.

Thomsen Family said...

Hey Ashley. I wanted to let you know that I sell Mary Kay. If you are interested in still using MK foundation I stalk a full inventory and can deliver it the day you need it. I completely understand though if you want to switch. I hope things are going good with you guys.

Kandis said...

So I am the makeup queen!
SERIOUSLY I AM!

It depends on how much money you want to spend. I really love Mac Mineralize, I also really like bare minerals, even though it's a powder foundation it's really great.

Honestly the thing I love about buy from a department store is that they will match you, and you can return it if you don't love it (granted you can't have used it all...)

My suggestion is head on over to Nordstroms and visit the Mac counter!

Deborah said...

Ashley, I sell Avon and we have some great options for foundation. I put an order in every 2 weeks and could send you a reminder when your brand is on sale or when it's time to buy more. If you want a catalog let me know or you can shop my site www.youravon.com/dpeterson