Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thank You Denise Austin!

I lost 2.4 lbs. this week. Hooray!  
So, remember how I told you that I was bringing out my secret weapon Denise Austin workout?  Well, I did.....and it shows.  I was so frustrated with last week's weigh in that I didn't track a darn thing this week.  I had an " I just don't care"  attitude, which led to some fabulous eating choices such as.....
  • Making a batch of peanut butter chocolate chip brownies and eating 2/3 of the batch myself within 24 hours of making them. 
  • Cafe Rio--which isn't bad in and of itself, it's just that I ate the entire salad.  We're talking, beans, rice, cheese,guacamole, tortilla, chicken, sour cream, and all. That's like an entire day's worth of points!
  • A chicken salad sandwich, waffle fries, and a peppermint shake at Chick-fil-A (although I did only eat half my sandwich and saved the rest for lunch the next day)
  • Four pieces of pizza for dinner one night
  • Ice cream from Coldstone Creamery
  • Two more pieces of pizza for lunch the next day
  • A hot fudge sundae
  • And lots and lots of snacking
I'm telling you, this weight loss journey is turning out to be a bit confusing and not like any I've had before.  I did balance out my wonderful eating habits with workouts.  I did the magical DVD 3 times and did 2 half hour cardio workouts at the gym.  
Even though I lost weight without tracking last week, I'm going to work on tracking better this week.  
If you're wondering about this DVD, it's Denise Austin's Shrink Your Female Fat Zones and I LOVE IT!!!  Yeah, she's a bit on the cheesy side sometimes with what she says and the way they all smile while they do the workout makes it look deceptively easy, but I love it all the same.  She does sculpting and toning using hand weights and an exercise ball.
  I bought it after Jonah was born and it helped me lose the baby weight after him and after Lilly.  I haven't done it in a while because the kids would always climb on me and interrupt me and I was just finding it frustrating to try to work out at home.  But now Jayne likes to watch it with me and even try some exercises.  
I have tried a LOT of workout videos.  I've done everything from old-school Buns of Steel and Tae-Bo to Jillian Micheals and Bob Harper to other Denise Austin DVD's, The Firm, and more.  But this one is the one I always come back to because it gives me the results that I want.  
When my mom and I were doing WW after Lilly was born, I remember telling her that it seemed like no matter what kind of week I had with my eating, as long as I did the Denise Austin DVD at least 3 times, I'd lose weight.  So, we're going to try that formula again.  
My goals for this week are....
  • Track, track, track!  
  • Don't be too hard on myself.  When I'm too strict with myself or beat myself up about eating that pizza or that third brownie, I do worse.  I know those things are okay, as long as I track and work them into my plan.
  • 3 Denise Austin workouts and 2 cardio workouts
  • Recognize and celebrate my NSV's, which are non-scale victories, like when I only ate half my sandwich or when I chose an apple over ice cream one night for a snack.  The behaviors are what will make me successful in the long run.

2 comments:

Grandma Lolly said...

Just think how great it will be to stay on track and do Denise Austin 3 times this week! Way to go!

P Woodland said...

Sheesh - I have been doing the insanity workouts for months and havent lost a dang thing....I am noticing a tighter body, but not a looser pant... ;-/ Yep having trouble with the eating thing. :-)