Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mister Comb

Jayne has naturally curly hair which tends to acquire many tangles.  You can imagine that getting a 2 year old to sit or stand still while I comb out her tangles could be a challenge.  Well, one day about a month ago, I was trying to get her to sit still so I could comb out her hair and she was not cooperating.  Then Mister Comb appeared.  I simply started talking to her in a ridiculously bad southern accent using the comb sort of like a puppet.  It worked like magic!  Mr. Comb asked her about her day and she just stood perfectly still while she told him everything she had done that day.  We got the tangles out and everyone was happy and I thought that was the end of it.  I thought wrong.
Jayne now requests to talk to Mr. Comb every single day, and not just while we're combing her hair either.  She'll randomly come up to me holding the comb and say, "Mom, I need to talk to Mr. Comb."  She's also started personifying other objects, like her clothes. 
I had no idea it would be such a big deal.  Nate is not a big fan of Mr. Comb.  He hates the voice I use and so Mr. Comb rarely makes an appearance when Daddy is around. I have no idea how long Mr. Comb will be with us, but I have a feeling this is going to become a long term relationship. 

2 comments:

Amanda and Ryan said...

I can't help myself by thinking that is the cutest thing ever! I would love to hear the voice of Mr. Comb... :o)

Unknown said...

I love this!!!! It reminds me of my dad. His socks always talked to us :) Maybe Nate should audition with Mrs. Brush as a replacement if he isn't a fan of Mr. Comb!