Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nate Turned 30!

Actually, he's been 30 for a whole week now.  I'm just ridiculously slow in acknowledging it here on the blog.  Nate's birthday was last Monday.  Nate likes his birthdays to be very understated.  The Saturday before, I wanted to take him on a birthday date and let him decide what we would do.  We went to Best Buy and picked up a new CD by Cage the Elephant.  Then we had some lunch at Bajio Mexican Grill.  It was the first time we'd been there and I'm sorry to say we were a bit disappointed.  Not bad, just not great.  
After lunch we headed to Coldstone Creamery to share some ice cream.  Then, on the way home, we did some serious "mudding" in the Wrangler. My knuckles were beyond white.
After we got home, we loaded up the kids and took the little outing to Grantsville that I posted about.  
On Monday, Nate's actual birthday, we didn't really do too much.  He got some gifts.  His mom made him a new quilt complete with John Deere and chili peppers on it.  The kids and I got him some tee shirts and a movie. His sister, Amanda, dropped off some fun DVD's and yummy chocolates.  
Nate with some of his birthday swag
Nate's not big on cake, but the kids are.  So we picked up some cupcakes and sang to him and blew out a candle.  Yes, just one.  That was my fault.  I forgot to buy candles at the store and I only had a couple.  So the kids enjoyed the cupcakes and I got Nate some Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio ice cream (his favorite).  
Anyway, the point of all this is that this beautiful Earth has been blessed with the presence of Nate for 30 whole years now and I, for one, am so incredibly grateful for it.  Happy Birthday Love!

No comments: