Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price

For an assignment in my economics class, I had to watch this movie about Wal-Mart and write a response paper.  I had heard here and there that Wal-Mart wasn't the greatest company, but I still shop there because we're trying to raise a family on one not so high salary.  After watching this movie, I think I'll do my best to avoid it as much as possible.  The way they treat their employees and even their customers is appalling.  If you haven't seen this movie before (it is a few years old), then you should.  Click on this link and check it out.  It will open your eyes. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I avoid Walmart at all costs! Service is crappy, pretty bad quality of goods/produce, and you're right, TOTALLY not cheaper. They hook up w/ companys like General Mills to make smaller boxes of cereal, then sell them at the same price. So, it may appear that your cereal is cheaper than anywhere else, but actually you're paying a lot more. PLUS, most people usually walk out of there with atleast 2 items they weren't planning on buying.
Sorry! I guess I totally agree with you! I haven't seen the movie, but I have read "In Sam We Trust." (I would underline that book title if I could)