Thursday, May 21, 2009

It was fun, but I'm so glad it's over!

The ward activity, I mean. Nate is the activities committee chairman. We had a "No Talent Show" last night. It was a lot of fun. I don't have any pictures because I was wrangling my kids and helping Nate the whole time, but we did get the whole thing on video. The idea was to do a talent show filled with things that aren't really considered your traditional talents. We had lots of participation. We had juggling, telling jokes, jump rope, piano, singing, skits, and even jello inhalation. Yes, he 'inhaled' the jello. We also had displays of visual arts. We had crafts, scrapbooking, costume making, photography, painting, and model ships and hand made wooden pens. The night was a great success!
I'm just glad that it's over because I'm an honorary member of the activities committee(being married to the chairman) and I stress about this stuff more than Nate does. We spent nearly all day yesterday setting up the gym and getting the supplies for decorations and making sure we had enough goodies. I was wiped out by the end of the night. But, like I said, it was a lot of fun and it went really well. Thanks to everyone who came!

2 comments:

Grandpa Barnum said...

You guys are the greatest, that's why we love you very, very much. Jayne is getting more like her grandpa "B", enjoying the push around in the stroller. Keep up the good work.

Tina said...

It was alot of fun! You guys did a GREAT job!!! :)