Saturday, May 2, 2009

Movie Review "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"


Nate has been waiting for this movie to come out for quite a while, so we thought we'd go on opening night.
The purpose of this movie is to educate all of us 'non-comic book readers' on Wolverine's past. It did a great job of it! I don't want to ruin any plot, so I'll just say that this guy has had it rough! I enjoyed the movie, not as much as Nate, of course. It does have lots of fighting and violence, which is to be expected if you've seen the trailers.
The thing that ruined the movie for me (and this has been a pet peeve of mine for as long as I've been going to movies) was all the parents who decided to bring their very young kids to see it. We're talking three and four year olds! We just went to our local theatre and there were at least 12 kids in that theatre who were well under the age of 10. Poor Nate had to listen to me and my soapbox about inappropriate media for kids and how parents should do their research before taking kids to movies. There are great websites that can tell you exactly why a movie received it's rating. www.IMDB.com has a parent section that will give you details on the content of ANY movie. I always check it before Nate and I go see a movie. So, wise up people! Exposing your young kids to the violence, language, sex and other things that are in PG-13 and R movies causes trauma and damage to their young minds! All I could think while we were watching this movie was how sad I was for these kids. Whatever happened to responsible parenting?
Anyway, to sum it up....good movie for adults, NOT FOR CHILDREN!!! And I'm done.

No comments: