Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Losing the Weight

This is me trying to be accountable for my weight loss. As most of you know, I'm in my 3rd round of losing the baby weight. I've done it twice before, once after each baby, losing about 50 pounds each time. This time, the weight's been coming off, just nice and slow. Since Jayne was born, I've lost 28 pounds and I have 15 to go until I'm at my "pre-Jayne" weight. After that, I plan on losing a bit more. A friend in the ward is starting a weight loss challenge and I signed up. It's for 6 weeks and we all put $10 in the pot to go to the winner. So, I'm going to post my progress on the blog as a way to make myself accountable. I won't tell you how much I weigh, but I will post weekly progress. Here is my "before" picture, taken last weekend. I never let anyone take full body shots of me, but I figured I've gotta get real in order to make the change and get the rest of this weight off.

I've been doing well so far this week. I usually do a Denise Austin DVD that I love, but my sweet Jonah bounced too hard on my exercise ball and put two holes in it. So, I'm finally using the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred DVD that I bought two months ago. I'm on my third day and feelin' pretty good about it. It's only 20 minutes long, which sometimes doesn't feel like long enough to lose weight, but we'll see. I'm also going to try to get to the gym as often as possible and visit my dear friend, the elliptical machine.

So, please feel free to post some tips or things that have worked for you in the comment section and stay tuned for a smaller, healthier, happier Ashley!

7 comments:

mbbatch04 said...

Go Ashley! I am joining a gym tomorrow because I have many friends that already go and will make sure I get to aerobics class. I can't be trusted to work out on my own but I do like the classes. You will do a great job and e-mail me if you need support! =)

Unknown said...

One thing that helped me SO MUCH was a web site called sparkpeople.com. It is FREE! It actually helps you keep track of what you are eating and how much you are exercising. That is how I lost about 40 pounds about 3 years ago. Also, it had so many educational tools that I have managed to keep the weight off and mantain. Best of luck to you!!!

Lacei Child said...

k, this is going to be a LONG comment! Exercise is IMPORTANT;HOWEVER... For me, after Samantha, I exercised my but off (15 miles a day on the eliptical, crunchies, squats etc) & I actually gained weight!!? The trick that got the pounds down for me was NO SNACKS. I have heard eating 5 meals a day is good etc but I ate 3 meals and nothing else inbetween. For the meals however, I had Whatever I wanted! It just had to fit on one plate. Never counted calories or anything! I also drank 100 oz of water a day. (Get a 52 oz water bottle and refill after lunch) The day I started this routine I lost approx 1 lb a day!!! I was never hungry & had TONZ of energy! That is my plan for after this baby come too! I went from 128 to 120 in a week flat! Goodluck Hottie Tottie with a Naughty Body! ;) ~lace

Missy said...

Hey Ash is Melissa Greer I found your blog yeah! Good luck with the exercising. What I have found to work is variety that's what has helped me I change my exercises up as much as I can it, then you find new muscles to work and dont get board with the one videos you do over and over good luck keep us informed!:)

The Barnum Family said...

Thanks for all the support and great tips everyone!

Unknown said...

My only advise that works for me is to stop eating 2 or 3 hours before I go to bed, no exceptions! It's actually really hard... but I started losing weight. Also, I excersize by doing stuff that doens't seem like excersize, like going on a bikeride with Lillie on the back seat, or swimming and things like that. Sometimes Dustin and I go on long 3 mile walks (about an hour) and it's fun to talk and feel sore the next day. Good luck!
Oh, and I also keep chopped up carrots and celery and cucombers in a container in the fridge for when I want a quick snack. Otherwise... I'll go for something bad.

Shiree said...

Ashley: I am working on baby weight, too. I worked out really hard 5 days a week for a month and a half and lost....like 3 lbs. Hmmm... But then I started drinking a ton of water and getting more sleep and I lost 3 lbs. in 4 days. Weird! Apparently, dehydration can show itself as hunger, so I kept snacking instead of drinking water. Once I drank the water, I wasn't so hungry anymore. That's my tip. GOOD LUCK! it's super fun. :)