Thursday, November 5, 2009

Midnight Picnic

I was sleeping soundly last night when I was awakened by a nudge from my husband. It's the "one of the kids needs us" nudge that is all too familiar. I listen for a moment as he gets out of bed and starts up the stairs. It's Lilly. She's crying. Not your "I'm afraid of the dark" cry or your "I need a hug" cry. It's one of those "get in here right now because either I wet the bed or I'm scared to death!" kind of cries.

As I stumble through the kitchen, I glance at the clock. The numbers 3:30am are glowing at me all too brightly. Nate got to her first. When I got to her room, he was holding her(yay! that means she didn't wet the bed) and she was crying that she wanted her mommy. So I come in and ask her what's wrong. In the saddest little voice I've ever heard she said....."I want to go on a picnic!" We reminded her that it was the middle of the night and we couldn't go on a picnic. We took her to the bathroom and then tucked her back in. I had to chuckle as I went back down the stairs to bed. The things my kids wake me up for.......makes me laugh......even at 3:30am.

3 comments:

Jaimie said...

Oh that is too funny! Kids are so cute when they get an idea in their head. :) Too bad it was the middle of the night.

Tina said...

Way too funny! She must of been dreaming of quite the picnic!! :)

The Nielsen's said...

That is too cute. Dan and I woke up cause we heard someone crying...Glad to know it was coming from your house and most of all for a cute little reason. LOL