Saturday, November 28, 2009

On this day in 1955.....

the world was forever changed by the birth of a baby girl. I know that if she's reading this she's thinking "the world was forever changed?". But it was, because this baby girl grew up and touched many lives and even brought 5 new ones into the world.
Today is my mom's birthday. I never know what gift to give my mom, so today I'm going to give her the gift of Gratitude.

Dear Mom,

Thank you for...
  • bringing me into this world.
  • all the sleepless nights, diaper changes, and lullabies.
  • always going to my never ending stream of soccer games, softball games, piano recitals, school plays, and choir concerts.
  • keeping me fed and clothed and making me comb my hair.
  • believing in me.
  • making me work in the garden during the summer.
  • finishing up my wedding plans while I was off gallivanting.
  • being there when I had my first baby and staying up with him my first night home so I could get some much needed sleep.
  • holding me while I cried.
  • being such a wonderful grandmother to my children.
  • your patience.
  • trusting me.
  • listening.
  • the countless hours of free babysitting.
  • showing me how to give service to others.
  • encouraging me to set high standards for myself.
  • your example of faith and your testimony.
If I were to truly list everything that you've done for me, I would be at this computer for days. I love you Mom! Happy Birthday!
Love,

1 comment:

Cary said...

awww....Happy Birthday Aunt Laurie!