Monday, December 21, 2009

What do you do in the Winter Time?


We're not really winter people. Nate was raised in Las Vegas and hates the cold and I think that after 7 winters of listening to him complain about it, I might be starting to share his sentiments. We don't ski or snowboard or go sledding or tubing, mostly because it's just too cold! But we do get out a little bit in the winter time. Here are a few of our latest adventures....


After the first big snowstorm, the fun-filled task of shoveling the driveway fell to me. The kids were begging to play in the snow, so I bundled them up and they had a grand old time while I schlepped snow. Here's Jonah throwing snow at his face and trying to catch it in his mouth.

Jayne wanted to come out too, so I put her in our backpack carrier and she helped me shovel. Well, actually she just prompted a debate in my head about which was worse, shovelling while I was 8 months pregnant with Jonah or shovelling with a one year old on my back. I still haven't decided. But she looked super cute!


A week or so ago we drove down to Thanksgiving Point to see their light display. The kids really enjoyed it and I liked that I didn't have to get out of the Jeep. I tried to take pictures, but they all turned out blurry, so you'll just have to imagine the sparkling splendor.

We also hit temple square this past weekend with Grandma Laurie and Aunt Sarah. Again, Jayne got to ride in the backpack, this time with Daddy.




Aunt Sarah, Lilly, Jonah, and Grandma


My fabulous blurry photography skills gave me many useless photos, but I did manage to get this one of the temple nice and clear.

Aunt Sarah and Lilly. Lilly and Jonah wanted their pictures taken by everything. Don't worry, I won't post all of them.

Nate took this pretty shot. It was very foggy that night. The shot is a little crooked and I'm sure there's some magical editing way to fix that, but I really don't know what it is so you'll just have to live with it.
Jonah and Lilly all bundled up and ready for some light seeing.

My mom took this picture of us. I guess we know where I got my blurry picture taking skills from, huh? Love you Mom!
So, that is the extent of our winter adventures thus far. We're very excited for Christmas this week! We're even more excited for our plans to protest the cold of winter by spending a few days in Las Vegas visiting Nate's family. I can't wait to walk around with a light jacket in the 60-something degree weather and chuckle at all the native Nevadans bundled up in their parkas and scarves!
In case I don't post again before Friday.....MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Missy said...

That looks like it was fun I have not gone down to see the lights at Temple Square for a long time, maybe this year??? Love all the kids bundled in there snowsuits so cute...

ibelaura said...

i loved the temple pic. that your hubby took it's beautiful! Merry Christmas and drive safely!

Thomsen Family said...

Those pictures are so cute! You have an adorable family! I am so impressed that you shovel the drive way. I think if it were left up to me i would just wait until summer until the snow melted. :) Hope you had a great christmas!