Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Top Secret Parent Teacher Conference

When I was a kid, parent teacher conferences were very intriguing. You knew your mom and your teacher were going to talk about you. I always wanted to know what was being said. Was my teacher going to tattle on me for talking too much? Would my mom tattle on me for putting off my homework until the last minute? Seriously....it stressed me out.

Well, today I got to go to my very first parent teacher conference as a parent and it was still stressful. Even though I know Jonah is an awesome kid, smart, and well behaved. I was sure his teacher was going to chastise me or tell me he had some problem. I'm just paranoid that way.

Not to worry, she had only good things to say. So now I get to say them to all of you in my role as the proud mama of a super kid! Here is the report...
  • Jonah got perfect scores on all of his Fall assessment tests
  • He's reading and writing at a level way beyond his classmates
  • He's always very well behaved
  • His teacher loves the very few times when he tells her something is 'hard' because then she feels like she's finally found something to challenge him with
  • Jonah loves math
  • Jonah is going to be tested next week to see if he is "gifted". The teacher explained that in the higher grades they have special classes for "gifted" students, but in kindergarten you really just get the status and if he tests high enough he may be offered the opportunity to go to a school specifically for "gifted" students.
Yeah...my kid rocks. You mothers know how it is. Sometimes, you've just gotta shout it from the rooftops!
MY KID ROCKS!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Its always a sigh of relief when you get good knew about your kiddo-s huh? Maybe its cause we see how they are at home! lol!

Kandis said...

yeah elle is too intrested in being cute,and social. Instead of Elle worrying about abc's and 123's she worries about her hair, and her clothes. {what have I done?}
But I have to admit I am slightly jelious that Elle can't read yet...and Jonah can. Hopefully there are those who is jelious of Elle's uber cuteness {yeah I doubt it}