Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween!



Our Halloween festivities this year included a family party with Nate's parents and sisters, carving pumpkins, and our ward trunk-or-treat which turned into an inside activity due to the rain.  We didn't do any door-to-door trick-or-treating this year because of the weather, but the kids didn't really even notice.  They got plenty of candy and had a great time dressing up!
I made Lilly's "Princess Bat" costume.  Jonah had wanted to be a robot and we were planning to make it for him, but he changed his mind and wanted to be a knight instead.  We found all the items for his costume at the dollar store.  Jayne was given her pretty angel costume for her birthday from my grandma. 

My Princess Bat, Angel, and Brave Knight
 The ward activity was a costume fashion show for the kids.  They played music while the kids walked down the runway to show off their costumes.  Lilly and Jonah loved it.  I tried walking Jayne down the runway, but as soon as everyone started clapping for her, she chickened out.  But everyone got to see how cute she looked before I had to pick her up. 
 
Lilly on the runway.  She had no fear and flapped her wings for everyone to see. 

In his own words, Jonah "knocked their socks off!" He did his knight moves all the way down the runway. 

Jayne LOVED the "trick-or-treating"!

Jonah getting some of the good stuff. 

These are our pumpkins.  We had three, but one was stolen off our front porch before we could carve it.  Lilly's is on the right and Jonah's on the left.  They drew the faces on pieces of paper and then I carved them.  Nothing fancy, but not too bad, if I say so myself. 

 We hope you all had a wonderful Halloween!  Now on to Thanksgiving!  Mmmm....I can almost taste the pumpkin pie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry, I'm just catching up on all the Halloween blog posts. Dustin and I laughed right out loud about how one of your pumpkins got stolen off your front porch. Who does that?! haha (but sorry). Little Jayne looked SOOOOOO darling. I can't believe how big she is.