Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and I don't intend to spend any of it on my computer, so I'm posting this today.  I love Thanksgiving. I love enjoying good food with family and reflecting on what I am blessed with.  Here are a few, well maybe more than a few, of the things that I am thankful for this year...
  • My children---they bring me joy on a daily basis
  • Nate---of course.  He's my best friend and my world
  • That Nate won't be spending this winter changing tires all day everyday in the cold and the snow.  
  • Flannel sheets
  • Our Jeeps
  • Good friends
  • Extended family
  • Chocolate, as always 
  • Being able to continue my education
  • Temples
  • My calling with the cub scouts---I think I'm learning more than they are
  • Good health
  • Pumpkin pie
  • A place to call home, shelter from the cold
  • Modern conveniences---I never would have survived before electricity, indoor plumbing, modern medicines, and diet coke
  • Wonderful neighbors
  • Books---even though all I get to read right now is textbooks.  Hopefully soon I'll pick up a good novel. 
  • Denise Austin---Yes, I know she's a bit cheesy, but her workouts get the job done and I don't have to leave my house to do it.  
  • Being able to stay home with my children everyday to share in their joys, triumphs, and challenges
  • Bubble baths
  • My testimony, especially of the plan of salvation---we lost two grandmothers this year and the knowledge that we will see them again one day is a blessing we cherish
  • That Nate finally finished his bachelors degree
  • Sweaters
  • Hot chocolate
  • Christmas lights
  • Music
I could literally go on and on and on and on.  I hope you all have a wonderful holiday surrounded by those you love!  
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: