Wednesday, December 1, 2010

There's something about holding a baby....

...that just makes everything feel right in the world.  A friend of mine just dropped by with her two month old baby girl. I could have held her forever!  Don't start getting any ideas(Mom).  I'm done having babies.  As wonderful as it would be to have a sweet little baby to cuddle and feed and rock to sleep, I have to remind myself that they don't stay babies for very long.  Soon, they turn into toddlers.  Precocious, adventurous, can't-keep-up-with-them-for-anything toddlers.  And those beautiful little creatures require a whole lot of time and care and money.  Plus, I already have three to keep up with, throwing another one in the mix wouldn't bode well for my sanity. 
It was great to just sit and reminisce with my friend about being a new mother and  remember all my sweet little babies.  I'm grateful that now that mine are growing, I still get to hold other mothers' babies and feel that amazing warmth and spirit of a new child. 
Motherhood definitely is the greatest and most challenging adventure I've ever undertaken, but it offers such amazing rewards! 

2 comments:

Grandma Lolly said...

I know exactly how you feel--on ALL counts! Love you!

Unknown said...

Man, that sounds like when I got to go over to your house when Jayne was born and hold her! It made me want another baby soooooo bad! Isn't it great to holding tiny babies??