Thursday, April 30, 2009

How Dirty is YOUR carpet?

Today the friendly Kirby people were going about the neighborhood doing their in-home demonstrations. They offered to deep clean the carpet in one room in my house for free. Being bored and always open to having other people clean instead of me, I agreed. First they used my vaccuum in the living room and hallway and then they pulled out their spaceship-esque machine and vacuumed it again. WOW! We had a LOT of dirt in that carpet. I wasn't exactly surprised because we haven't shampooed the carpet in the two years that we've lived here. They used these little filters to show me how much dirt was in the carpet that my regular(aka cheap)vacuum didn't pick up. Check it out....

Yeah, and that's just one room in my house. Yikes! Then they changed the attachments on their vacuum and turned it into a shampooer and did the living room and hallway. I was really impressed with how easy it was and the great job that the machine did, but I knew it would have a big price tag, $2500 to be exact. I must say, though, that if I had $2500 to spare, I'd definitely be tempted.

No comments: