Thursday, August 6, 2009

Have You Seen US???

My movies, that is. A couple of months ago, I went to watch one of my favorite movies and found that it was not in its case. So, I decided I'd watch another one of my favorite movies, but alas, it was not in its case either. Are you sensing a pattern here? I asked my darling hubby if he knew where they were, which he didn't. So, he and I proceeded to do an inventory of our three or four hundred movies that we own. The results were shocking! We are missing A LOT of movies! Almost ALL the movies missing are MY movies, aka chick movies.
Sooooo.....I searched my house inch by inch convinced that I must have put them somewhere for some strange reason. No dice. Not that I expected to find them. We only put our movies in one place and if they're not there, then they're not anywhere around here. We don't lend them out or take them places with us.
Now, to investigate....there are only 5 people who have EVER had access to our house when we have not been at home. All of them deny having any of the missing movies. Two of them can definitely be ruled out for reasons I won't go into.
My only conclusion(as I am one for giving the benefit of the doubt) can be that one of the other three borrowed the movies, forgot to return them, and now would feel bad giving them back because they think we'd think they stole them on purpose. Or, that some burglar randomly came in our house and only took a few movies and left everything else of value. That could have happened, right?
Anyway....here is a list of my missing movies. If you see them wandering down the street, please call me so I can bring them home where they belong! I miss them!
  • Sweet Home Alabama
  • 13 Going on 30
  • Just Like Heaven
  • How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
  • Juno
  • Dan in Real Life
  • 27 Dresses
  • Veggie Tales(these are the 'not-chick' movies)---Duke & The Great Pie War
  • Veggie Tales- Sheerluck Holmes
  • Veggie Tales- Lord of the Beans
  • Veggie Tales- Holiday Double Feature
  • Veggie Tales- The Story of Little Joe
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  • Pride & Prejudice(the cheesey LDS one)
  • The Devil Wears Prada
  • The Holiday
  • Legally Blonde

There may be others, so keep your eyes open. And, if they happen to have wandered into your DVD case by 'accident' I would still love you if you'd give them back.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the strangest thing!!!! Really, who walks away with a DVD without a case? They are very specific titles as well. All of the Harry Potter Movies for example. Good luck finding them. I really hope you get them back soon.

The Barnum Family said...

I agree, Liz. We think we know who may have "borrowed" them based on which movies are missing and what kind of movies they like. But everyone is denying even borrowing them ever and I'm not one to cause huge confrontations based on circumstantial evidence. Nate says I should be though.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. How annoying. Dustin and I had 2 movies go missing while we were in Magna, and both were chick flicks also. Hmmm....

Camille said...

How sad that they've disappeared! Plus, they're all really good movies (well, I've never watched Veggie Tales, but the rest are great movies!) and ones that you want back! Maybe you need to offer a reward for their safe return.