Saturday, August 8, 2009

*Our Songs*


Every couple has "their" songs. You know, the ones that seem to fit them just right or that were playing at some significant point in their relationship. So, I thought it would be fun to share a few of ours with you.


Song #1 ~ Iris~ GooGoo Dolls

Nate and I met when I was 15 and he was 17. It was at the Manti pageant and was just one of those teenage things where you don't expect to see each other ever again. On the way back to where we were staying that night after the pageant, this song was on the radio. I remember hearing the line "I just want you to know who I am" and wondering if 'Nate from Nevada' would remember me in a day, or a week, or a year. Every time I heard that song after that night, I thought about him.


Song #2 ~ I Miss You~ Incubus

The first time Nate came over after his mission, we drove to Salt Lake to see my friend's choir sing at Temple Square. We were listening to this CD on the way home and Nate kept pushing repeat on this song. We must have listened to it 10 times during that drive. It was his way of hinting that he really liked me. During our engagement, I lived in Ogden and he lived in Vegas and we definitely 'missed' each other. This poor song got very overplayed during those 8 weeks. =)


Song #3 ~ Swing Life Away ~ Rise Against

Nate heard this song on the radio and told me that I had to hear it because it was "us". This was probably 4 or so years ago. The lyrics seemed to describe our life at the time perfectly. Give it a listen. It's a really good one.


Song #4 ~ Don't Matter ~ Akon

This is another one that Nate heard on the radio. Ever since the beginning of our relationship, people have wondered why we're together and some even went so far as to tell us that we shouldn't be together. We also had an experience a few years ago with someone who tried very very hard and very deliberately to break us up. I especially love the line in this song that says we're gonna fight for our right to love. "Nobody wanna see us together, but it don't matter, no, 'cause I got you babe." Classic Nate and Ashley


So, these are just a few of "our songs." You can listen to them by clicking the playlist in the right column of the blog. Or just turn on your speakers, I think it's supposed to start playing when you come to our page. The last couple songs on there are just fun ones. They don't have any great stories, but we like them.


Also, leave a comment and tell me about YOUR songs! I'd love to hear about them!

1 comment:

Andy & Tina said...

Those are TOTALLY perfect! I love that Akon song.
You got me thinking about "our" songs! I'm going have to think about this!