Monday, October 12, 2009

Partyin' with the Neighbors!

Our fan-ta-bulous neighbors are really into Halloween. Every year they have a big shindig at their house and this year we were invited! Yay! It took a while for them to invite us because we're not very social and yes, it does take us 2 1/2 years to get to know our next door neighbors. We should really work on that.

Anyhoo, a costume for this party is mandatory. I seriously procrastinated figuring out something to dress up as until the day of the party and then I spent the entire day trying to decide. I had some blue fabric and decided to make a little tunic/smock thingy and tack on some cotton batting to look like clouds. I carried around a water bottle and I was "cloudy with a chance of showers." So when anyone asked what I was I would give a little spray from the bottle. Cheesy, I know, but that's just who I am. I tried to get Nate to dress up as a weather man, but he wanted to be a cowboy, I think mostly because then he could take his two black powder pistols to show off.
We had a great time. They had their whole
house decked out to the max for Halloween! We're talking spider webs, fog, severed heads, the works. They had tons of yummy food! They had posted quotes from scary movies all over the house and you had to guess what they were from. I think Nate and I did pretty good for not having seen more than half of them. We did get a couple clues from Roni (our neighbor).

We didn't stay too late. My mom was watching the kids for us and we had church early the next morning. But we had so much fun getting to visit with Roni and Dan and meeting some of their friends and famil
y. So THANK YOU guys for letting us come! It was awesome!

Here we are all ready to go! Jonah and Lilly had to jump in the picture too.

Here's my cowboy and his pistols.


Nate made me try on the hat. I'm not a hat person, but I think it goes well with the blue eyeshadow, yes? =)








5 comments:

Cary and James said...

Cloudy with a chance of showers is so cute and totally original! i may just steal your idea for a future Halloween party!

Jill Skouson said...

I love your costume Ashley! So cute :) I try to avoid needing a costume, but I'll have to remember this idea if I can't avoid needing one sometime.

Unknown said...

Very cute costume! I take it that Nate is a cowboy at heart? He keeps trying to dress up like one :) I am not sure if I'm even going to attempt to dress up this year. Someone suggested a pregnant nun, but ....yeah...we'll see.

Missy said...

How cute I just love Halloween hope you had fun....

The Nielsen's said...

We were so happy that you and Nate could come! We loved having you over, and will forsure need to have another night of games and dinner soon ;)
We are glad you had a good time. Loved the costumes my friend!