Friday, October 23, 2009

Random Things that are On My Mind

Thing #1: Jayne and Lilly both have fevers today. Lilly is complaining of a headache too. Sounds like the same thing that Jonah had on Monday. It only lasted about 24 hours. I'm hoping that's the case here as well. I hate when my kids are sick. I feel so helpless.

Thing #2: I REALLY haven't been paying attention to my diet lately, but the strangest thing has happened. I'm losing weight again! Yay for that! I'm not sure how though because I'm eating junk. Yesterday I had a chocolate chip cookie, one scoop of ice cream, baby carrots, taffy, and pizza. Yeah, I need to work on that. Maybe I was just stressing out about it so much before that the stress was preventing me from losing weight.
I still need to get back to my better habits though. I don't think cookies and pizza is a healthy way to lose weight. =) Sure is yummy though.

Thing #3: Nate's Job Dilemma-- Does he stay at the company he's at, which gave him a job when he really needed one and has great benefits and the "promise" of management one day(not for at least 3 years, probably more than that) and keep being dirt poor with ends barely meeting (when they meet at all) or does he actively pursue this other job that he's applied for? He sent in his resume and they invited him to pre-employment testing next week, which he would have to miss work for. This job would pay $4/hour more than he currently makes, be less physically demanding, and have a more predictable schedule with 4 ten hour days. They give yearly merit raises that would put him earning about $60,000 in five or so years.
Gee. I think I answered my own question.

Thing #4: I need a new cell phone. Mine just randomly decided to mute me. I can hear the person on the other end, but they can't hear me. I called AT&T and they said that it must be my phone. They're probably right. I've had the thing for 2 1/2 years. It's been dropped too many times to count and it was a 'cheap' phone to begin with.

Thing#4.5: We're looking for a cheaper cell phone provider. Since we're dirt poor(as mentioned earlier) we need to cut back and we decided that we could live with just one cell phone instead of two. But most of the single plans cost nearly as much as we're paying right now. I've looked into the pre-paid stuff and 'pay as you go' plans and they just confuse me.

Thing #5: My toes are FREEZING! I really should put on some socks. Well, I really should get showered and dressed and THEN put on some socks.

Thing #6: I'm going to have to cancel our primary presidency meeting this afternoon and it's one that we really need to have. We're having to do some overhaul in the primary and it needs to be done ASAP. But my kids are nursing fevers and the meeting is supposed to be at my house and everyone else has to bring their kids when we have meetings and I don't want to get them all sick.

Thing #7: I need to get a babysitter for tomorrow night. I'm such a procrastinator! I've known about this party we're going to for about a month and I'm just now looking for a sitter. Nice.

Thing #8: Some people that live in the 'nicer' part of our neighborhood are renting out their house. I'm tempted to ask how much they want, but I know we can't afford it. It would be so nice to have a bit more space and to not have a musty basement room that we can't even use because it flares up allergies every time we walk into it.

Thing #9: My husband is so great! Lilly's fever started around 11:30 last night and he stayed up with her and laid by her so she could go back to sleep and so that I could get some sleep. He's so considerate that way.

Thing #10: Since the girls aren't feeling well, I'm going to have to do my grocery shopping after Nate gets home. I hate shopping on a Friday night. For some reason it's always crazy busy--probably because it's payday and people are in the same situation as me. No food in the house, just got paid, better pick up those diapers and stuff.

Well, there are more things swimming through my head right now, but I won't bore you any longer. Thanks for letting me get this stuff off my mind. I feel so much lighter now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Being poor sucks! Everytime Dustin's lost his job it seems weird how we get by on less. Then he gets a job, or a raise, and we spend more then have less money than before.
And I agree, I hate having a sick child!

mbbatch04 said...

Money stinks! Every time I think we are getting ahead stuff happens and we fall behind again. Money really is the root of all evil!

Amanda and Ryan said...

That job opportunity for Nate sounds like the right way to go.
I hope your girls are feeling better!
Also we live so close, it's silly we don't see each other. You know I still haven't met Jayne yet!