Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekly Weigh In---Getting Frustrated

I weighed in this week at 182.6, which is a gain of 0.4.  So, I've been at this for 4 weeks now and my total weight loss is just 1.8lbs.  I really was expecting a loss this last week.  I did five days of workouts, two of which were the semi-excruciating Bob Harper Pure Burn Serious Strength DVD, one Denise Austin workout and two sessions of cardio on the elliptical at the gym.  I tracked fairly well and stayed within my points range.  I'm wondering if this free fruits and veggies thing is actually backfiring.  Our leader mentioned at our meeting that even though fruits and veggies are zero points, we still need to remember that they are calories and if we're consuming too many calories overall, it can affect our weight loss.  I'm not sure if that's my problem.  I eat more fruits and veggies that I used to, but I don't think I'm consuming enough of them to make a really big difference.  
My other theory for this week is that, since most of my workouts were strength training, I built muscle which contributed to my slight gain this week.  I've had this happen in the past where I start a weight training program and gain a little bit the first couple of weeks and then start to lose again.
I've also been under a lot of stress lately and not getting enough sleep.  I've heard that both of those can affect weight loss. 
Only time will tell, I guess.  I'm missing the old WW system.  My body responded well to it.  No matter what the cause, I've really got to get into the swing of things and figure it out.  I guess I'll just stick to the plan and keep moving forward.  
My plan for this week?  Who knows!  I'll be doing at least 5 workouts again, drinking my water, and tracking my points.  I'm not going to consume my activity points that I earn for working out and we'll see if that helps.  
Check in next week to see if I can finally get out of this rut!

3 comments:

Kyle and Jamie said...

Hey! Have you read the Jyllian Micheals book? I am doing a review for the website I contribute to...it has been very helpful to me and a couple friends that are having a hard time. I could give you some really great charts also. email me if you want them...or write me on facebook! I still have the exact same email from college! :) good luck! You can do it!

Heidi said...

I'm telling you, you should try to cut out sugars. ie. fruit, carbs-white breads, rice, etc. I dieted for three months and did two hour workouts 5 times a week, and gained 10 lbs. That's not all muscle.

Cary and James said...

Hang in there, Ashley. You're doing great so far. For me, I think just getting into a regular exercise routine makes a world of difference. Muscle does weigh more than fat, but it also means you are burning more calories when you're not exercising AND it makes you feel like a million bucks! Keep up the great work!!