Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weekly Weigh-in

Today I weighed in at Weight Watchers at 182.6lbs.  That's a loss of 1.8lbs this week, which is great! For sustainable weight loss, you want to shoot for around 1 to 2 pounds per week.  Some weeks you'll lose less, some weeks you'll lose more, and some weeks you may even gain a little bit.  


What makes the 1.8 pounds really great is what I ate this week I had birthday cake, ice cream, pizza, dark chocolate, Wendy's, Arctic Circle, and Applebee's.  This is why I LOVE Weight Watchers!  I can eat these things and still lose weight.  And it's not like I just had one piece of pizza or a salad at all the restaurants (although I probably should have).  I had three pieces of pizza for dinner one night(which I admit is not exactly a good idea and I've committed to do better with that one next time I'm confronted with pizza), had an ultimate grilled chicken sandwich and regular fries from Wendy's, a ranch burger and regular fries with fry sauce from Arctic Circle,and  chipotle lime chicken, one wanton taco, two buffalo wings, and half a butter nut blondie at Applebee's. I wrote them all down, along with their points values and stayed within my little budget that they give us and voila!  I still lost almost 2 pounds.


Even though I ate all those things that aren't particularly healthy, I still found myself eating more fruits and vegetables than I usually do.  On WW new plan, all fresh fruit and most vegetables are 0 points, so I would have them quite a bit.  Just this morning I had an entire banana and one whole apple cut up mixed with a light yogurt and a tablespoon of fat free whipped cream for just 3 points and it was so yummy. 


I'm sure the exercise helped too.  I make it a goal to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise five days a week.  I've found that the key to working out is finding something that you actually like to do.  For me, that's going to the gym.  I love to get on the elliptical machine or treadmill, turn on my music, and just escape from the world for 30 or 40 minutes.  On days that I can't get to the gym, I do a workout dvd at home.  This week, I worked out at the gym three times, doing 40 minutes on the elliptical machine each time.  I also did Bob Harper's "Pure Burn, Serious Strength" workout twice.  

On WW, when you exercise, you earn activity points.  You can add these activity points to your weekly points and eat more food.  That's what I did last week.  This week, my goal is to not eat any of my activity points and just use my daily allowance and my 49 weekly extra points.  I'm hoping this will translate into a little bit bigger loss this week.  
Oh, and I also plan on not eating quite so much fast food. =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds great!! Dustin and I are starting a "get healthier" challenge until our 5th anniversary, and the hardest part is to not snack on bad food. You're definatly motivating me!