Friday, February 18, 2011

Weekly Weigh In

I weighed in a day early this week.  Nate and I are having a little getaway this weekend and I'm not about to interrupt it to go weigh in.  So, I weighed in at 182.2lbs which is a loss of 0.6lbs.  I know that doesn't sound like much, but I'm very happy with it.  My week included dinner at Marie Callendar's(complete with delicious pie!), See's Chocolates for Valentine's Day, and a cookie exchange for Relief Society.  After all that, I'm just grateful to have a loss at all.  
I did do better with my waters this week and I tracked almost everything I ate.  I got five good workouts in this week as well.  My problem is the food. I've known that I'm a bit out of control in that area for a long time.  I'll catch myself purposely distracting my brain when I'm reaching for something unhealthy so that I'm not thinking about what is going in my mouth or I'll try to convince myself that I don't care or that I really need that chocolate to stay sane that day.  
I didn't get to stay for the meeting today, but the handout was about making your kitchen your ally.  You do this by getting rid of processed, high points value foods that tempt you and filling your kitchen with fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, healthy snacks, fat free dairy, etc.  This is something I'm not so good at.  I like to blame it on my husband and kids.  They've got their cookies, and granola bars, and treats all over the place.  But then I have to stop and remind myself that I'm the one who does all the grocery shopping, hence I'm the one who put those things in our home.  My goal this week will be to eliminate as many of these unhealthy foods in our home as possible.  It's okay to have a few things around as long as they're not huge temptations for me and we don't eat them regularly.  I'm thinking we'll need to do away with the Oreos and M&M's, but the fruit snacks can probably stay.  
So, I'll check back in next week and let you know how it all goes.  Even though my loss was small this week, a loss is a loss and I'll take it with a smile.  At least I'm headed in the right direction.

No comments: