Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Home Sweet Sauna

My house is too hot! It's making me grumpy, my kids are grumpy, and we're spending way too much money on eating out because I cannot stand to cook in my kitchen!(Besides, restaurants have air conditioning)
In case you haven't guessed it, we've been having issues with the swamp cooler. Our landlord put in a brand new one in May. It worked great, but was dripping water. So, he came over and fixed the drip. We didn't really have to use it too much in June because it was so rainy and not all that hot. But we REALLY need it now, especially last week with those triple digit days! Apparently the tubes are clogged or something and it's not getting enough water, so it just blows hot air. Our poor landlord, who is a great landlord by the way, was here yesterday to fix it. He unclogged everything and had it running right, but 45 minutes after he left it just started blowing in the hot air again. I felt so bad having to call him again this morning.
Here's hoping that this time it STAYS FIXED!!! Meanwhile, I'll just try to hibernate in the basement(which isn't much cooler than the rest of the house) and we'll live on ice cream and popsicles.

2 comments:

Kyle and Jamie said...

ok so I didn't vote on your hairstyle so I'm going to now...I like the first picture and I think you look cute with bangs!! I hope your air stays fixed cuz it is super hot!!

Unknown said...

Yuck! I hate no AC. I'd be doing the same thing you are, eating lots and lots of popsicles!