Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Daily Sanity Saver

Being a stay-at-home mom can really stress you out. It's a wonderful blessing! But...it can really stress you out. Some days I feel like if I hear one more whiney voice, or have to do one more load of laundry, or change one more stinky diaper......well, it wouldn't be good. Luckily, I have my daily sanity saver.
Every day, after lunch, I lay my kids down for a nap. I time it so that all three of them will be laying down at the same time. Jayne and Lilly always fall asleep. Jonah doesn't usually, but he's good about laying quietly for at least a half hour or so.
When all is quiet, I make myself some lunch or a snack and head downstairs where I spend thirty minutes with my 'Friends'. No matter what kind of a day it has been, I always laugh out loud and feel more like me after an episode or two. So, I want to say thank you to Ross, Rachel, Chandler, Monica, Joey, & Phoebe for always being there when I need them. My husband and children thank you too, they just don't realize it. =)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Ashley, I had to give a comment. Hang in there it just gets crazier in a different kind of way as they get older. But with friends you're good. I'm sure they will have re-runs for a long time. We love that show to. Really just keep repeating "this to shall pass"
Love ya,

The Barnum Family said...

Thanks Aunt Debbie! I actually have all of the Friends DVD's, which is great because I can pop one in whenever I want.

Camille said...

I LOVE Friends, too! I am the same way, I love to watch them when I'm stressed out so I can just laugh my stress away!