Friday, June 19, 2009

Adventures in Camping...


We haven't actually gone camping yet, we leave tomorrow. But I'm already tired! Just getting ready to go camping is so much work and I'm not even done yet!

For the record, I am NOT an avid camper. I went quite a bit with my family and church groups as a kid, but since graduating high school I've been camping a whopping 3 times. Nate and I have only gone once, two years ago. It was not fun, for me anyway. I see camping as a lot of work. It doesn't count as a vacation for me because I still have to do dishes, cook, clean up, take care of the kids, sleep on the hard ground, and... it's smelly.

So Nate decided that he's going to convince me that camping is fun. We're headed to Goblin Valley tomorrow with the kids and my brother, Kaleb. I made sure that our campsite has flushing toilets and showers available, which should cut back on the smelly-ness, and I planned our menu to be super simple.

I'll post an update after we get back. Wish me luck!

No comments: