Monday, June 8, 2009

Sittin' up & On the Move!

Jayne is sitting up on her own and is SOOOOO close to crawling! She pulls herself along the ground using mostly her arms and sometimes pushing with her legs. She'll get up on all fours and rock herself back and forth like she's getting ready to go, but she hasn't officially crawled yet. I can tell it's going to happen any day now. I guess it's time to get out the baby gates again.
Here's a picture of her sitting up(please excuse her hair, I hadn't tamed it yet) She had been scooting around on the floor and when I checked on her, she'd gotten all wrapped up in Lilly's toy snake that Grandma Barnum made. As you can tell from the picture, she was having a grand ol' time!Jonah was so cute with his bear the other day. He's had this big black stuffed bear for a long time. It's his favorite stuffed animal and it's name is 'Blackie'. Well, the other day, Jonah got Blackie all dressed up in his cowboy outfit, boots and all. When he showed me, I said, "Wow! Blackie is a cowboy!" Jonah was quick to correct me as he very seriously informed me that Blackie was not a cow-BOY, but a cow-BEAR. All that day Blackie sat outside the bedroom door guarding against bad guys. If you wanted to come in, you had to ask Blackie's permission. It was so cute!





No comments: